Are you looking to start a family game night? This article will give you some tips on what games to play where you and your children will love.
Sometimes, parents can become busy attending to business or work during weekdays. They leave the kids with the nannies or babysitters. This is something that you cannot avoid if you and your spouse are both working. Well, there is always a weekend to make up for your busy schedule during weekdays.
It is best to spend the whole day and night with your kids. You should come up with some activities and games to make this bonding time more memorable and fun. To help you out in this goal, here are five examples of games that you can play during weekends with your kids.
1. Bean bag toss or washer toss game - This game is known with various names such as Corn hole game, Beanbag toss or Soft Horseshoes, depending on the material that you will use, but nevertheless this game is a real winner for any family trips or weekend nights bonding moment. You can play this outdoors or indoors and the best thing is that even little children ages 5 and up can play this game. Just instruct them to aim at the beanbag or corn hole and start pitching.
2. Pictionary - Who does not love Pictionary? No matter if you are creative or not, you will surely enjoy playing Pictionary. The family members will each take turn to draw and let others guess what the drawing is. You can come up with various categories like movies, music, people, thing or TV shows to make the game more exciting.
3. Charades - Just like Pictionary, charades is a kind of game that will never grow old. You loved it as a kid and you will surely love it until you are an adult with kids and even with grandkids. The best thing about this game is that you can play this anywhere and you no longer need any props, boards or materials to use. You can just write down words from different categories in a piece of paper and let the participants guess. This can also be a team game or an individual game.
4. Jenga - Each family member will take turn in pulling out a block from the tower. As long as the tower is standing still, the game is on. Whoever makes the tower falls loses the game. This is one exciting game and the great part is that only one loses and the rest are all winners.
5. Video games - Even little kids can play well with video games nowadays so for sure this is going to be a fun activity for the whole family. You can play racing, action games or even some sports games like tennis in Wii.
Playing these games with your family is indeed fun. You will surely share many happy memories every time you play any of these games, whether you are at home or in an out-of-town trip. Do not forget to prepare your cameras too to capture the best moments.
There are currently no comments on this post. Be the first one!